Re: seedling

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: seedling
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:01:23 -0000

>I keep thinking that it's one of these
> top-and-bottom velvets that's eventually going to give us a real
red.  Here
> are three that I'm currently working with.

What's your thinking here?  How does the top/bottom velvet work into
it in your thinking?  I hadn't given any thought to it except that
it's not common in what I've seen.  The standards usually are silky in
texture, rather than velvety.  How are you approaching it?  Mine is
definitely red.  I was trying for a dark brown that didn't fade.
Didn't happen in that cross.  I actually came closer to that with LADY
FRIEND X SM.  You can sure eliminate fading using SM.  Hardly any of
the seedlings using it fade.  Your seedlings look pretty good.  Any of
these via LADY FRIEND?

Yahoo! Groups Links