Re: Seedling 1901-2K

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Seedling 1901-2K
  • From: Jan Lauritzen janicelauritzen@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 13:43:44 -0700 (PDT)

Paul - This is a beauiful seedling.  Any chance it would be happy in sunny So. Calif. where we do not usually have rain?
Jan

petalpusherpaul@aol.com wrote:
Just opened this morning....wouldn't you know it, there was heavy rain and some hail earlier, but all and all it came out looking ok!  The cross is ( Silk Brocade x (( Lightning Streak x Sky Hooks) x Fancy Woman)...notice the pink ground at the top half of the falls.....beautiful stalk and so far seven buds on the maiden bloom stalk....The cross of (Lightning Streak x Sky Hooks) is one of the very first crosses that I made when I first started to make crosses in 1993.....There was a problem with damping off on the seedlings that year and there was only one seedling that survived....but that one was very strong and has been very disease resistant here in the South which is a major plus.....Paul