Re: SDB: Vavoom

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SDB: Vavoom
  • From: margiempv@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 09:51:54 EDT

In a message dated 4/6/2006 6:31:28 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time, pdoyle@our-town.com writes:
Last year I did some trading with a man in TN and he had lost the lables on some of his iris. He knew only that they had come from Schreiner's. This little one opened yesterday. The standards are pale yellow, the falls bright yellow. It is only 15 inches high. This matches the description of Vavoom in the Schreiner's catalogue. Can anyone help me confirm this?
Vavoom (A. Ensminger 1993)
I personally don't grow this, but here some additional photos you can check out.  It looks like a match.
~ Margie   Valenzuela