Re: SDB: Vavoom

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SDB: Vavoom
  • From: John I Jones jijones@usjoneses.com
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 07:51:14 -0700

I wouldn't say that was a match. The flaring is a little different, the
yellow doesn't quite match, the standards are domed differently. and
the ruffling looks not quite right.

By the same token it could be pictures were taken at different times in
the bloom development, and the cameras recorded the colors differently.

Just some of the issues in the great difficulty in identifying an iris
from pictures.

John

On Apr 6, 2006, at 6:51 AM, margiempv@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/6/2006 6:31:28 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
> pdoyle@our-town.com writes:
>>
>> Last year I did some trading with a man in TN and he had lost
>> the lables on some of his iris. He knew only that they had come
>> from Schreiner's. This little one opened yesterday. The standards are
>> pale yellow, the falls bright yellow. It is only 15 inches high. This
>> matches the description of Vavoom in the Schreiner's catalogue. Can
>> anyone help me confirm this?
>> Vavoom (A. Ensminger 1993)I personally don't grow this, but here some
>> additional photos you can check out.  It looks like a match.
> http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/41863/
>

> ~ Margie   Valenzuela

> Silk plant
> Plant maintenance
> Plant safety
> Plant relocation
> Plant grow light
> Exchange
>
> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>
>       ▪      Visit your group "iris-photos" on the web.
>
>       ▪      To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>
>       ▪      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> Service.

Yahoo! Groups Links