Re: CULT: 05L3

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] CULT: 05L3
  • From: "jgcrump" jgcrump@erols.com
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 00:16:55 -0400

Margie  --  I've been away from the computer for most of the day, so am lagging behind.  Your new border bearded seedling put a smile on my face, too.  It bears a nice resemblance to Daughter of Stars, in my opinion.  As to these two newcomers of mine, I made a cross today on 05W8 (the chartreuse and blue one that I misidentified as 05W211 in the earlier post) by With Castenets, which is rounder-petaled and ruffled.  I was pleased that the camera captured the very delicate infusion of red-violet in the blue veining of the falls.  I still haven't been able to take consistently sharp flower photos with it, even though when held at arm's length and aimed at myself it picks up all the pores in my face and even the odd bristle missed in my shaving.  Very frustrating.   In the seedling bed, I have several crosses involving Lumalite, and it's interesting to see the intensity of color in many of them.  None with its particular pizazz yet, though.  I'm looking for several more to bloom tomorrow, with a 10-degree warmup.  But the blooms and I will also be playing tag with the rain.  --  Griff