RE: SHOW: seedling won Best seedling and EC award.

  • Subject: [PHOTO] RE: [iris-photos] SHOW: seedling won Best seedling and EC award.
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 19:37:08 -0700

Congratulations!

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

-----Original Message-----
From: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of margiempv@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 8:30 PM
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com

Also.................. I was thrilled to find out that my seedling SCxS 034-1M won Best seedling and an EC award too.  I posted this one earlier.

The wonderful thing is  - - that particular seedling is not blooming yet for me, but I gave my friend Kathy Chilton one to grow last year and it was blooming for her in time for the show today.  If it wasn't for her - - that iris would not have been seen at the show today.   Thank you Kathy.

The TAIS iris show was a little earlier than most years, AND our bloom season is slow getting started this year due to a cooler Feb. and March than normal.   It's hard to show seedlings at the show when they are not blooming come show time.  :-)  Wish they were all blooming

It is usually triple socketed.  Last year it had 9 buds.  Todays' show iris had 7 buds.

Here is todays indoor photo against a black prop.

Here is another photo of it last year - not posted on iris photos before.

~ margie

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS