Re: interesting AB seedling

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: interesting AB seedling
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 01:35:30 -0000

I know what you mean, Walter.  The yellow simply has to be there.
But the background up close and personal is blended with something
else and is not yellow.  It has sort of an apricot cast to it, but
by no stretch would it be called yellow on viewing.  The photo as
viewed on my monitor is accurate for what is seen in the garden.  I
had trouble coming up with a color for a description until I
remembered buckskin horses.  They are a sort of yellowish tan with a
brownish tint.  The seedling color is mindful of those buckskins.
It's curious to me just how the parents worked to give it that
color.  Both are clearly yellow, though not the same yellow.  Some
sort of inhibitor that the seedling didn't inherit maybe?

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

>   Of course I only see it on a screen, not as you do.  But to me,
it looks like a yellow background with lots of veining.  It
especially looked like that at 150% size.  I know that can distort
the picture though.