AB seedling with pink

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] AB seedling with pink
  • From: "Donald Eaves" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 09:46:26 -0500

Pink isn't a color associated much with arilbreds.  I keep looking at this
one, though, and it sure appears to have a lot of pink.  Cameo pink, but
still pink.  One of the ROSEMOHR X ESTHER, THE QUEEN seedlings that have
been fun to watch.  Nothing up to modern standards, but this clump has made
an effective garden clump this year nonetheless.  Blousy, floppy, not enough
substance but still managed to be attractive despite the wind.  And there's
the intriguing color.  I don't see how it can really be pink in the sense of
those tangerine pinks, but I can't see anything of lavender or lilac in the
color.  Orange maybe, but that wouldn't make sense either.  Just a curious

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image