Re: Griff's messageTB more pasture iris

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Griff's messageTB more pasture iris
  • From: Patricia Wenham h.schinkep@verizon.net
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 10:55:52 -0700

I just have to comment on what Griff wrote about Donald's posting.  So
many people just write, "It's pretty" and nothing more.  That does not
tell the hybridizer or the rest of us what characteristics made it
interesting to the writer.  Griff made some very enlightening and
interesting comments  and asked a question.  I read Griff's posting and
then went back to look at the photos because I had missed something that
Griff noticed.  I am sure that the hybridizers really appreciate
comments such as Griff made because it will help them to determine if
they are producing iris that are marketable.  I love this type of
comment and feel it is well worth my time to read the message.  I hope
all of you who have comments that make me actually think about the iris
will continue to send them.  I also hope all of you will continue to
post photos too as my greedy eyes feast on them.;

Patti
In the foothills of the Cascade Range with not a single iris blooming now.

J. Griffin Crump wrote:

>Donald  --  I hope you've done other things with that seedling besides
>putting it out to pasture.  It's very pretty.  The texture of the petals
>appears to be soft, rather than glossy or neutral.  Thanks for posting these
>photos.  The information is quite interesting.  These appear to be growing
>in semi-shade, and I wonder if they would be as tall if growing in full
>un.  --  Griff

Yahoo! Groups Links