HYB:Seedling Parade

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos]HYB:Seedling Parade
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 10:19:57 EDT

1809-2bc doesn't rebloom (so far) but is a fairly decent broken color.  I've not deliberately bred for them.  Most broken color don't grow well here.  This one comes from ALL REVVED UP X an 1508 seedling.  A sibling, 1809-1re, bloomed in the fall of 2004.  Derives from 1402-1re that I posted last year.
Not my only seedling in bloom!  Probably have about a dozen.  But at this time it may be the most interesting because of it spontaneous appearance.   Good branching and decent form.  Not the best picture.  Too much sun.  (I'll try to improve.)
The BLATANT X ALL REVVED UP cross is fun.  Two that look similar to BLATANT (buff to gold standards over burgundy falls, one burgundy, sorta, bitone (BUSY haft lines), one purple self with purple beard, and at least ONE purple plicata still in the bud.  More later.
Lots of surprises in the seedling bed.  Not what the mind had pictured in some cases!  Like that's new!
Not one day without wind.
If you don't cross them, you can't  plant them!
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives