Re: interesting AB seedling

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: interesting AB seedling
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 02:10:40 -0000

Hello Walter,

Yes, I think you're correct.  They are different ways of approaching
the same question.  The parentage of LIGHTS OF ARABIA, though, is
far to complex for me to make even an uneducated guess.  LOA is the
end result of a skillful hybridizer and some parents are listed by
seedling number only; others as involving a long list of pure
arils.  I can, in a limited way, justify what I see in TB seedlings
based on the parents, but arilbreds are more difficult even when the
ancestry isn't as complicated.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA
.  --- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Walter Pickett
<waltseed2@...> wrote:

> To me, those sound like different ways of saying the same thing.
>
>   The first is asking the mechanism.
>   The second is refering to a way to find the mechanism.
>
>   I can't comment based only on the few examples I am aware of.
>   Walter
>

>   <<It's curious to me just how the parents worked to give it that
> color.  Both are clearly yellow, though not the same yellow.  Some
> sort of inhibitor that the seedling didn't inherit maybe?  >>
>   1) the seedling is a result of several generations, not just the
parents.  Check the parent's parents, etc.

> How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low  PC-to-Phone
call rates.

Yahoo! Groups Links