Re: HIST: oops: granny, not pallida pink sdlng

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HIST: oops: granny, not pallida pink sdlng
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:05:55 -0400

Well, folks, that was a wild goose chase.

I dug out my old notes, and the "pallida pink" growing among my pallida
seedlings is actually "Emory Road beige".  Not one of my seedlings at

It's an iris that I got several years back from a local granny (who
lives on Emory Road in Karns community outside Knoxville TN).  She had a
couple of historic whites, a yellow, this thing, and two that I later
identified as INDIAN CHIEF and SHANNOPIN.

Now that it's faded in the sun, it is indeed "beige", not pink at all.
This is the first time it's bloomed since I planted it, and at the time
I got it, didn't know about tangerine beards & pink.

Sorry for the mixup.

Anybody have an idea what this might be?
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links