403-A an SDB surprise

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] 403-A an SDB surprise
  • From: petalpusherpaul@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:18:41 EDT

    My SDB's are almost gone now and I've been paying so much attention to the TB's blooming that this actually made me do a double take.  I was weeding, looking between plants, and suddenly there it was.  It was so nice that my first thought was it must be an introduction sent to me as an extra from an order.  Then I looked at the tag and found it to be a seedling!  Wow.  I had pulled away many of it's sibs along this stretch...all of them dogs.  I almost pulled the whole lot of them up a few days ago....and I'm so glad that I didn't.  This maiden bloom has one branch and four buds per stem, with two stems on a first year plant.....Paul Hill

((Prank x (Chanted x Fairy Lore)) x Chanted)