Re: TB:Child of Royalty vs Time Will Tell

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos]TB:Child of Royalty vs Time Will Tell
  • From: "Pearl Doyle" pdoyle@our-town.com
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:31:44 -0500

Thanks for the input. I looked up Time Will Tell and don't see the fine rim on the falls so I'm pretty sure It's Child of Royalty. I must have ordered from Van Dyke's in 2003 because this is the third year I have had these irises. Some bloomed the first year, a few more the second year and finally these last ones in the third year.

I have Wild Jasmine and when I first saw my iris, I wondered if Wild Jasmine might be in it's background. Thanks again for your help.

<<To Pearl:
   I think your iris may be TIME WILL TELL.
Laetitia>>
Pearl, you bought from Van Dykes several years ago?  How many?  The suggested irises are fairly recent, but it is quite possible Cooley's sold extra stock to their wholesalers.  Also, possible that it's a sibling that wasn't introduced, depending on the policies at their business.

TIME WILL TELL (Richard Ernst, R. 1999). Sdlg. KF125-1-4. TB 38" (97 cm) ML.
"S. blue plum, lighter midrib flush, dark berry rim; F. dark berry sanded plicata markings on white changing to solid dark berry on lower half; beards yellow; stalks purple. F125-1: (Edna's Wish x Wild Jasmine) X Chiffon Ruffles., Cooley 1999. "

CHILD OF ROYALTY (Richard Ernst, R. 2001). Sdlg. QKF125-14A-35. TB 35" (89 cm) ML.
"S. violet purple, infused and veined with white, blending to lavender blue; style arms violet purple; F. violet purple rim, red purple center patterned on white; beards yellow; lightly ruffled; slight sweet fragrance. Sib to Ring Around Rosie., Cooley 2001. "

RING AROUND ROSIE (Richard Ernst, R. 2000). Sdlg. QKF125-14A-10. TB 35" (89 cm) M.
"S. white, yellow gilt rim; style arms white, yellow accents; F. white ground, purple sanded pattern, 1/4"-3/8" yellow rim; beards yellow and orange. KF125-14A: ((Edna's Wish x Wild Jasmine) x sib) X KF125-32E: ((Edna's Wish x Wild Jasmine) x sib)., Cooley 2000. "

These share some genetics.

If you don't cross them, you can't  plant them!
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives