2 issues needing feedback 1) Iris Vary in color shape? 2)Advise to newby of planting in Sonoran Desert AZ 3)IRISES ORDERED

  • Subject: [iris-photos] 2 issues needing feedback 1) Iris Vary in color shape? 2)Advise to newby of planting in Sonoran Desert AZ 3)IRISES ORDERED
  • From: "KEITH MINEO" kmineo@pacbell.net
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 06:28:12 -0700

1) I have seen now, 3 different pictures of the Arc of colors iris on different garden vendor web sites and all three are completely different irises in color, shape. I talked to Denise from Snow Peak Iris Company and shared this with her. She told me the photo on her web site of Arc of Colors was not retouched and is a true representation of what this iris looks like. The Arc of Colors in this photo was burgundy with purple as oppose to the epervescent/translucent rust/purple/amber as presented in another photo. Is this common to have irises that look completely different, same Bulbs?

2) Advise of planting iris in the Surprise, AZ-Sonoran Desert? 3) This is my first

garden. These are the Tall Bearded irises ordered, should these do well in the Desert? Listed below:

SNOWPEAK:

1)AUTUMN YEARS

2) COUNTRY RUSTIC

3) CRIMSPON TIGER

4)DECADENCE

5)INTREPIDE

MID-AMERICA GARDEN:

ANOTHER SHIPMENT FROM MID-AMERICA IS FORTH COMING WITH 7 IRISES

1) METROLIUS BLUE

2) DANDY CANDY

3) STRANGE BREW

4)RUSTLE OF SPRING