Re: -Carnival Song

In a message dated 4/24/2006 4:28:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net writes:

Yes, Carnival Song is a burgundy on pink plicata.  It is very beautiful, but it rotted away here right after producing this pod, as many Schriner irises do for me.  I lost several seedlings from this cross last year.  Perhaps the survivors will be tougher.

    I let natural selection happen when it comes to the seedlings.  If they start to rot or do anything I see as abnormal...I won't even let them bloom....The survivors are tougher...I have to be very careful growing Iris here in the south.  I have stopped ordering new introductions because I just can't trust that anything will survive here....I've used Silk Brocade with almost everything here...It has proven itself to me as a better growing Iris than most and it's seedlings, at least the ones I've gotten, have been very hardy....Paul Hill