Re: Darkest Day in Iris Gardening

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Darkest Day in Iris Gardening
  • From: matbeach1@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:24:15 EDT

There weren't any witnesses -- since they canvas the neighborhood and have done so weekly for months, they're in a prime position to know when everyone is home or away. No one's at home at my house during the day, and so I am sure they'll deny it. I have no doubt that whoever it was was interrupted b/c a whole stalk of Aurelie, Bold Encounter, and Birthday Girl are left intact as is Tour De France and a second year clump of Amplified.

I would like a face to face apology from them, but the last time I got on their case, this is how they retaliated, like punks. They could easily come back one day while I'm gone and do whatever they wanted to any of my other beds.

I know what I'd like to do to them physically (and would have had I driven up and caught them), but in reality there's really nothing I can do about it now.

I appreciate all of your support --

ps: One positive thing did happen today, and that is Telepathy bloomed. This is one of the most stunning flowers I've seen.