Re: Darkest Day in Iris Gardening

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Darkest Day in Iris Gardening
  • From: Patricia Wenham h.schinkep@verizon.net
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:19:25 -0700

My heart aches for you and I have been trying to think of  a possible
silver lining to that horrid black cloud.  I came up with a possibility
because I experienced this some years ago when the riding lawn mower
took out a row of iris tops.  This was before the bloom stalks were up
though.  I got no bloom stalks that year but I sure got a large increase
on each plant and the next year there were really lush clumps with a lot
of bloom.  I hope that happens for you.  One waits so patiently for the
blooms to open and be enjoyed and the heartbreak is great when something
happens to destroy the blooms.

Yahoo! Groups Links