TB miracle bloom

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB miracle bloom
  • From: "Donald Eaves" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:10:02 -0500

Bloom where I thought there was no hope.  This is one of a group of
seedlings I call 'my Schreiner Blues'.  They'd been allowed to grow into a
tangled mess of rhizomes and late last summer I ripped them up and moved
them to the field by the house and out of the yard.  The grasshoppers
promptly kept any growth eaten off to the ground.  Then, with a warm winter
under drought conditions, the rabbits kept them eaten down to nubs until
there was finally something else green for them to eat.  I didn't expect any
blooms, but some are blooming in spite of everything.  There's so much
that's not good this year, but the blooms on these are the most surprising.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links