TB another surprise

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB another surprise
  • From: "Donald Eaves" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:21:28 -0500

This THORNBIRD seedling is still managing to produce consistent appendages -
all the same and on every bloom.  I was sure this year with the late freezes
and early excessive heat that they'd disappear since that's what usually
happens to SAs.  I've had to adjust to the color every year, but it has
great carrying power across the distance.  I wish I like the overall form
better.  It's been a strong growing, free blooming plant for a long time
now.  I used the pollen on SOLAR FIRE last year and have a few new
seedlings.  The appendages on the two are very different in how they occur
in the blooms and I'm curious as to what form any appendages will take on
the seedlings.  Also whether they'll disappear after the first couple of
blooms or be variable.  SF doesn't hold them like this seedling.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image