Re: interesting AB seedling

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: interesting AB seedling
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:27:52 -0000

> Darn, as usual, I'm about two months behind the rest of you
> gardners

But we'll be long done while you are enjoying yours, so you'll get

> That is one stunning seedling !  You don't seem to thrilled with
> because you probably had other expectations for the cross but it
> truely beautiful.

I like it pretty well, actually.  Considering the last bloom opened
today, it's done pretty well.  Especially considering that two
stalks were completely frozen out.  I like the pattern and color.
I'd prefer a tighter bloom on the form.  The three stalks that did
bloom had two short branches each.  That's a lot of branching for an
AB.  However they were poorly spaced.  More like the main stalk just
forked into three stems.  The result for the bloom was they were too
crowded and all in the top third.  Maiden bloom, so everything could
change.  I'd be surprised to see the branching again.

> You've shared many interesting Oncobred seedlings with us over the
> years, it would be great if you had a greatest hits photo gallery
> them uploaded somewhere.  The road less travelled approach you're
> following has yielded some very suprising and stunning seedlings.

I'd like it better if I could manage to get to a subsequent
generation with some of them.  That's proving difficult.

> What about those SAxAB seedlings you were growing ?

Still around, but none have resulted in seeds.
> Any more seedlings to share ?

Not a lot.  Too many got frozen out this year.  Some are similar to
what I've posted and some just didn't get a mug shot taken.

I hope your ABs bloom well.  They've done pretty well for you way up

Yahoo! Groups Links