Re: TB another surprise

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB another surprise
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:36:07 -0000

Francelle,

> Those are beautiful bi-tone purples.  How is the branching and bud
> count?

Bud count is better than the branching, but I'm not sure those are
areas I can really evaluate.  So many that I grow that are
registered as having strong branching and high bud count never
demonstrate either trait under my growing conditions.  This year
BROADBAND was the only iris that had those.  But though it had them
and had full sized blooms, the stalk was only about 14" high.  The
overall effect wasn't satisfactory.  Sometimes those shorter stalks
will stay in proportion so the TBs are in the IB class.  But
branching tends to be in short supply around here.  This seedling
makes up for it because it has been so willing to put up stalks.
The photo is in the middle of the second week of bloom and it still
has a way to go before it finishes bloom.  For me, the best thing
about it is the ability to manufacture those appendages from start
to finish without dropping them or mixing and matching the type of
appendage.

Donald

Yahoo! Groups Links