Re: HB: TB: Garden presence_Camera

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] HB: TB: Garden presence_Camera
  • From: "Linda Hunt" nakihee@gmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:24:36 -0500

Do you have a manual setting on your digital camera.  My son taught me how to use the manual...got into the ISO setting and change the shutter speed.  Mine has an option from 60 to 400 with varying speeds in between.  Moderate sunlight, I use 400 ISO and always turn off the flash.  This has cut the light reflections off the iris when I shoot them in the sun.  It also causes the shutter speed to be fast enough to keep the colors from bleaching out.  If the sun is really bold, I turn it down sometimes as much as 100 and it gives you a little more freedom to readjust the shutter speed from pic to pic.  Don't know if this helps, but I am getting pretty consistant coloration on my shots this year using my digital.  It is an olympus that my Hubby got me for my birthday.  Thought it would be way to much for me, but my "technical wiz" of a son, is getting me through it!  :)  Fell in love with quandary this year!
Linda in Lascassas