Re: AB: LIGHTS OF ARABIA X DESERT EMBROIDERY

  • Subject: Re: AB: LIGHTS OF ARABIA X DESERT EMBROIDERY
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 18:24:25 -0000

Jack,
>Is living in Texas really as bad as one would take from the damage
reports?

:>) :>)

It can be harsh. After all I lost a bunch to hail day before
yesterday and the usually dry river rampaged and tore up some
fences. It'll be a miracle if the cattle don't try to visit the next
county. The iris I'm posting now are escapees from the hail.
Hopefully it will be the last one this year. Our summers have been
about as cool as the inside of a BBQ grill the last few years.
Always short on rain here. Winters have been pretty nice - lots of
temperate days interspersed with occasional freeze spells. In my
area, wind is the norm during in iris bloom. But Texas is my home.
I'm Texan to the core. Get me within a mile of the Alamo and I go
into instant battle mode. Why someone chose the Lone Star for the
new quarters instead of the Alamo is beyond me. Star was just
easier, I expect.

Donald
(our weather doesn't tend to be boring - other words do come to mind -
but not boring)

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group