Re: Re: Culture

  • Subject: Re: Re: Culture
  • From: Pearl Doyle <pdoyle@our-town.com>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 21:05:35 -0500

Thanks, Donald. It bloomed for me beautifully last year. If I had room to isolate it, I might have tried but I don't have a lot of places left to do that. Knowing that I could get a new start from next door made it much easier to rip it out.

BTW, Witch of Endor has finally decided it likes it here. It bloomed in the spring and fall last year, sent up a stalk in January that got frozen and already has another bloom about to open. Thanks for getting me started in this iris business.

donald wrote:

Sure looks like scorch.  Probably starting over is just as well.
Doesn't really seem to spread from plant to plant, but conditions in
our part of Texas are perfect for it to show up.  When I've had a piece
survive scorch, it's taken years for it to establish back to a blooming
sized plant.  Unless it's rare or hard to come by, just forgetting it
and starting over seems the best route.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Top Scientist