Re: AB: still another TG X SG

  • Subject: Re: AB: still another TG X SG
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 07:54:46 -0700 (PDT)

Donald,

Love the form on this one.  And the color is very nice - maybe "shy blush" would fit.  Also liked the other sdlgs you posted today.

Sorry your weather is so rotton and will probably ruin your TB season.

Your post on one of the other seedlings mentioned that they were very good garden plants - vigorous growers and prolific bloomers.  I think we need more of this type of iris.  So many are breeding for the show bench and while the irirs stocks that are produced are wonderful, too often the plants do not increase well, bloom out or just disappear after a couple of years, and only produce 1 oe 2 stalks even when they are growing fairly well.

If we want more irises grown by the general public we need to have good growth and increase, lots of flower stalks, a longer bloom period - possibly with rebloom.  In other words, great garden iris.

Keep up the good work and may you have better weather soon.

Jan in Chatsworth

Donald Eaves <donald@eastland.net> wrote:
One of only two of the siblings that fit the general color scheme shown by
the previous postings. This one is near white. Very, very lightly washed
with pale yellow on the falls, midrib and styles, the real color is in the
heart of the bloom where a rosy pinkish lilac exists. More speckling there
than shows in the detail, but only the one color. Self haft marks, I guess.
They barely peep out at the juncture of the standards and falls.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Finding fabulous fares is fun.