new iris book

  • Subject: new iris book
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 12:10:50 -0500

I received a complimentary copy of a new iris book this week. Pays to share
your photos. It's written in French, so if you acquire it maybe you can ask
and persuade Loic or Francesca to help if you need something translated :).
You don't need translation to enjoy the photos. The forward was provided to
me in English on a separate piece of paper and that was contributed by David
Schreiner and Tony Huber. It was compiled and written by Rejean D. Millette
and if I've figured things out correctly, the publishing info is:
'IRIS'
2007 Les Editions de l'Homme
une division du Groupe Sogides inc,
filiale du Groupe Livr Quebeccor Media inc.
(Montreal,, Quebec)

I think Griff or Chris might be able to help with translation also. The
photos are the front cover, a sample of the layouts given on the different
classes (here ABs naturally) and detail of the open page. Of the iris I'm
familiar with I've seen on a single mistake where a photo of a Siberian is
shown mistakenly for an AB. Proofreaders earn their wages, IMO.

The nasty weather is keeping me housebound today and the iris-photos is
bearing the brunt of my frustration. It's one of those times when I wish I
was someone who could just turn on the TV and zone out. I'll try to quit
posting here and find something constructive to do inside besides posting -
like straighten up some my perpetual clutter.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

__._,_.___