[iris]CULT:Wipe Out!

Reporting from zone 6, South Central KY.
My garden is perched on a hill top with no protection.  The winds have been extremely high since the cold spell began.  Couldn't even contemplate putting out the row covers.  I didn't want to litter the countryside!
Looking on the bright side, I'll have a lot more time for those other chores.  I'm starting a reorganization of the garden beds.  I can start moving things right away since I don't have to worry about interrupting bloom!
I started my collection in 1982 and this is the first year this has happened.  Last year we had a cold spell right in the middle of bloom season, but all it did was lengthen the season.  No destruction.
I peeled a few limp buds from first year seedlings, but most hadn't started to color.  Hope there are still a few late stalks.  Only time will tell.
The new seedlings are still an unknown.  Space indoors is limited so I only brought in half a dozen pots.
Didn't check, but the peonies were in full bud so I'm fairly sure they are gone too.
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives
iris-talk archives