CULT: weather

  • Subject: CULT: weather
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 12:39:01 -0500

It has to sadden all of us when any of our number suffer damage to our gardens.  It looks pretty widespread this year.

Here, the plants seemed to have dodged the first bullet, Thursday night, when 27F was forecast for the county, but it didn't freeze here.  The same was forecast for last night, and at 7:30 this morning, there was skim ice on a container in the carport.  But there was also an inch or so of snow, so I'm hoping the snow fell before the freeze.  We have four more freezing nights forecast here, with snow forecast again tonight.  Of the scores of SDBs and IBs whose buds are up here, only a handful were showing color before the freeze, so I'm hoping that they'll weather these just-freezing temperatures.  I have less hope for the stalks of rebloomers MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM (IB) and DAUGHTER OF STARS (TB), which are pretty far up.  --  Griff

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Top Scientist