Re: AB: Just for Jan Lauritzen

  • Subject: Re: AB: Just for Jan Lauritzen
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 16:33:32 -0700 (PDT)

They are both very beautiful and HUGE clumps with lots of blooms.  I would love to try some like those.
I just went to Weather.com and compared the average temp/rain of Chatsworth and Poterville.  Mike Sutton might actually have an answer.  I never realized how closely the two places coincide.   I am really amazed.  We have higher record temps and, normally, a couple of inches more rain but are really close otherwise.
I should investigate getting a couple to try.
Hope your weather doesn't get as bad as you think it might.  Iris season should not be so short for anyone.  I would have looked up your weather averages but didn't know the zip code to do so.
Thank you and have a good day - I hope.
Jan in Chatsworth

Donald Eaves <donald@eastland.net> wrote:
Pun intended. Earlier on this forum I said ABs filled the slot that the
medians fill in other locales. These clumps are SURPASSING YELLOW, Mathes
'01. It's an OGB type AB. It blooms smaller and before the TBs. One photo
is the clump this year and the other is from 2004. It's never been moved.
This type of bloom occurs on several ABs. They can start the season
earlier, barring weather disasters and prolong the iris bloom season here.
I think they should do that in California as well. Mike Sutton could verify
that or not, I think. Or contact Superstion Iris Gardens for info on that.
Medians don't get enough cold when they need it here to do well with any
consistency. ABs tolerate cold quite well, but don't seem to require it to
bloom well. If what I think the weather is going to do really happens,
without these I wouldn't have had much iris bloom to enjoy, albeit brief.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Never miss an email again!
Yahoo! Toolbar