Re: CULT: weather

Here in California we had our unusual hard freeze in mid January when the citrus industry lost a billion $$$ because of frozen fruit.  It has been a really strange year.

Luckily for the iris season we only lost those rebloomers which were in bud or bloom in mid January.

I can't imagine losing most of the iris season.  My thoughts go out to all of you and I hope that some of the TBs have not started to bloom yet and may still give a little bloom for you.

Thinking of you all,

Jan in Chatsworth

Kris Jensen <krisjensen@earthlink.net> wrote:

Up here in Wisconsin, we've had three nights of hard freeze - temps in
the 20s - and expect at least two more. Some snow flurries, but no real
snow. The daffodils are on the ground, and the tulip greens are
wilted. Many of the tulips had not budded yet, so there is hope for
some bloom there.

My purple MDB had just started bloom on one clump. The other clumps
aren't showing buds yet, and no other iris have buds, so we might
salvage at least some iris bloom season.

Some other perennials are having a tough time, losing their early
leaves. They should recover, just be a little smaller or a little later
blooming this year.

kris
Wauwatosa, WI
zone 5ish