Sent: Monday, April 09, 2007 12:18 PM
Subject: [iris-photos] CULT: weather

Skim ice again this morning, which is better than the hard freeze of day before yesterday.  Upper 20s forecast for tonight, and supposedly that's the last of it. The center leaves on many TB fans have been hit hard, bent to the ground.  It's particularly alarming on the first-year seedlings which as yet have no increase.  The SDBs are pushing right ahead, despite the nightly freezes, and several are showing color  --  almost all yellows.  It seems to me that nature's yellows are generally the first to bloom, whether it's irises or other species.  Is that anyone else's experience?
The SDBs show no apparent damage thus far.  It's harder to judge about the new sprouts in the seedling pots.  I guess the coming week will tell.
Meanwhile, the tulips in the garden have fared well, and a bouquet cut just before the freezes hit has been perfuming the house.  --  Griff

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Top Scientist

10 Greatest Ever