Re: [SPAM] Re: Grasshopper Suspect, Damage by Grasshopper (maybe)

  • Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: Grasshopper Suspect, Damage by Grasshopper (maybe)
  • From: "Linda Smith" <irisgrower@cableone.net>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 06:47:10 -0700

 Great site and info on grasshoppers.  I had about come to the conclusion it was weather changes etc.  We had so much rain for a bit, then cold.  The damage was in the middle of the stalk, and spiral.  No snail trails or anything.
Today 60 mile hour winds predicted.  For the past 4 days nothing but wind, wind , wind. Thank goodness most of my TB are just trying to open, maybe they'll wait one more day.
  • Another reason, I'm searching for iris of really strong substance and shorter.  I've just about given up on growing TB here.
 Catclaw tree has leaves, so no more frost. My weather gauge in SW.!