RE: AB: broken color

  • Subject: RE: AB: broken color
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 21:47:31 -0500

Well, most ABs don't strike me as being the same pattern as what I think of
when I think 'plicata'. Rich's JONNYE'S MAGIC (photo - Rich by Whitely,
'92) easily comes the closest, but I've seen photos of some from McAllister
that tend to veer to the plic pattern. Still, something strikes me as
different on JM from a TB plic. Maybe the lines are just so well and
clearly defined. The pattern is achieved without any smudging or bleeding.
It's less obvious in the photo than on viewing it live. It definitely
screams plicata pattern, though, and is evidence aril genes can produce
something similar used in conjunction with TB genes. As is often the case
with her ABs, the parentage is extremely complicated and I can't identify
any plicata TBs in what's listed. So the achievement in pattern wouldn't be
easy to decipher in this case, I think. I've sort of considered JM a faux
plicata pattern arrived at via different means than what is in TBs.
Obviously similar, but somehow not qute the same.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Top Scientist

10 Greatest Ever