Re: Mini-iris-Comparison

  • Subject: Re: Mini-iris-Comparison
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:36:53 -0700

I took loic's and Rick's pictures into a single frame so they are
easier to compare Rick's (the unknown) on the right, Loic's
(Katherine Hodkin) on the left.

I would note the following:

The shape of the fall on KH is much more pointed than on Rick's
flower. The might change as the KH flower matures through the day (we
don't know anything about the time of day or the age of the blooms)

There appears to be veining in the standards of KH but we can't see
the standards on the unknown.

The falls on KH appear to be a little more yellow, but that could
certainly be an issue of the photography (a difference in cameras,
time of day, cloud cover, garden conditions (PH etc.) and other
factors - I am not criticizing the photographer)

The unknown looks a lot bluer than KH but again, photography issues

The style arms on the unknown have a blue ribbon on the midrib, that
I don't think KH has, but I can't see the backside of KH style arms.
The KH style arms seem to be held higher than those on the unknown

To me the dot patterns look different but one would have to see a lot
more blooms of each to really evaluate that.

Just some things to consider.

John

__._,_.___
Recent Activity