HYB: ROUND TUIT and BURST

  • Subject: HYB: ROUND TUIT and BURST
  • From: bzzscheile@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:51:21 EDT

Barbara Null
Tyler, TX  zone 7b/8a

I really don't remember what I crossed ROUND TUIT with.  It was a 2004 cross.  It could have been HELEN COLLINGWOOD as I have also been working with it for vigor and the coloration is right.  The rosy one looks more like RT than its siblings.
  I also have several seedlings from BURST 2004.  Last year in Schreiner's catalog they advertised an iris that smells like root beer.  One of the seedlings from BURST smells exactly like root beer.  It is also quite beautiful to me although it doesn't have modern form (neither does BURST).  It is a deep reddish brown but irridescent like some of the older iris.  I have a picture but don't think it will reflect the delicate but deep coloration.

BURST 2004 seedling

See what's free at AOL.com.