Re: TB: Painted Doll - historic

  • Subject: Re: TB: Painted Doll - historic
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 18:13:10 -0500

Margie  --  No, it came from 93L6  X CHINESE TREASURE.  93L6(attached) is a sibling of 93L1, which was pictured in the post re AGAINST THE TIDE earlier today. The cross with CHINESE TREASURE (Blyth '81) added a couple of doses of WHOLE CLOTH, a dominant amoena, to the couple of doses of WABASH, a recessive amoena, in 93L6.   I had been thinking that there might also have been a recessive amoena somewhere in CHINESE TREASURE's background, but the results of this cross indicated probably not.  --  Griff