Re: HYB: Amazing Older looking seedling #1 (photos 2)

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Amazing Older looking seedling #1 (photos 2)
  • From: "rose" <rkinnard@minesmo.org>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 20:58:42 -0000

Margie I love the Puccini seedling, would love to grow it here in Missouri.  The form and coloration is very interesting and I for one love dark beards.  Would be a waste of good genetics not to put that into our gene pool, I think.  I really enjoy your photos and explanation of what you are looking for in your hybridizing.  The flounced seedling is nice, the purple/grey/yellow one is not to my liking but interesting in color combination.
Thanks so much for posting, I am also in southern MO and like Connie and Bill Wells far to much of my garden has suffered such severe freeze damage I will have very limited bloom this year 8>(.  However I am pleased to say with moving all potted seedlings indoors and covering seedling beds with straw and tarps I did not lose a one.  Gives much home for the next 2 years.
rose kinnard
fredericktown,mo zone 6
low temps last week 19 degrees x 2 nights.