Re: HYB: Amazing Older looking seedling #1 (photos 2)

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Amazing Older looking seedling #1 (photos 2)
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:18:28 -0700

Thanks Rose, I'll put you into my folder for notifying you when the Puccini seedling will be introduced/released too. I sure hope when other hybridizers come across unusual seedlings they don't throw them out just because the form is not 'politically correct' or too few buds.  to me Irises are amazingly beautiful for the most part - - no matter the shape or form.

I'm so sorry to hear that there has been so many people's gardens affected by last weeks unusual/ out of the ordinary cold snaps.  You and Bill Wells too?  I know it's easy for me to say - - but, don't give up!!  :-)

I've wondered how the AIS convention irises must look like at this stage?  I have some early blooming TB plicata seedlings guesting there and am almost betting they were wiped out.  Has anyone heard about the conditions in those guest gardens?

~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.