It is a shrew not a vole according to this man

  • Subject: It is a shrew not a vole according to this man
  • From: "Linda Smith" <irisgrower@cableone.net>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 23:12:23 -0700

 Francelle, I too thought it was a vole. But looked that up and it didn't look anything like a vole on the internet. So my husband wrote these people and this is the answer:

You are correct it is a shrew. If you tell me where it was photgraphed I
>could try and guess the species. If it was in the desert habitat types
>(below 4000 foot elevation) it is a desert shrew.
>
>Bill Van Pelt
>Nongame Birds and Mammals Program Manager
>2221 West Greenway Road
>Phoenix, AZ 85023
>Phone 602-789-3573, Fax 602-789-3926

Since we are at about 3500 feet I guess it is a desert shrew.  I realized the last batch of mulch I got from my supplier was at the bottom of the pile, as they were almost out--so I'm thinking I might have got them in that batch of mulch.
Linda
Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!

__._,_.___
Recent Activity