Re: HYB: Unusual Older looking seedling #2

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Unusual Older looking seedling #2
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 13:01:43 -0700

Jan, thanks for the description.  It does sound quite unusual.  I share your love for the unusual!!  :-)

I agree totally - - about having those lovely irises that bloom the first year you receive them and then slowly die away, never to be seen again.  What I try and do with each of my crossings is to consciously make the effort that at least one of the parents are vigorous.  Now and then I'll cross 2 non-vigorous iris - only because occasionally they'll surprise me with a few irises that read "vigorous and healthy" all over them. :-)  I love those surprises.

~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.