Re: [SPAM] Re: Imaginarium - Is there a phrase for receding hair line on beard??

  • Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: Imaginarium - Is there a phrase for receding hair line on beard??
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:16:31 -0700 (PDT)

Linda, I notice that Roris introduced Imaginarium in 1993.  I think that is before the space age iris became big stuff.   It may account for the fact that it was not mentioned in the description.
I am attaching a picture of April Jewel showing the beard, horn, and the styles where you can see the orange buff and pink cast described.
Jan in Chatsworth

Linda Smith <irisgrower@cableone.net> wrote:
Imaginarium is much older.  It  is heavily laced-I just don't know why the semi-horn is not mentioned in description. The little white appendage is attached to the fall. It does not lift at all like on yours in the pix.  So is there a name for that?? The hairs just don't grow on the end of the beard.
It's like it is just has a receding hair line.
  And the standards on mine don't have any of the orange buff they talk about in April Jewel.  And mine doesn't seem to have any fragrance
But just looking at a pix they do look alike.  I thought maybe they had some of the same parentage, but don't see it at this quick glance.
(Larry Lauer, R. 1999), Sdlg. 443-5. TB, 34" (86 cm), M
"S. venetian pink, edged orange buff; style arms orange buff; F. orange buff with slight pink cast, yellow ochre shoulders; beards red tangerine, small horn; ruffled, lightly laced; pronounced sweet fragrance. 91-221: (Orange Treat x L88-56-1: (Chickasaw Sue x Role Model)) X Pagan Pink. Lauer's Flowers 2000 "
(Duane Meek by Roris Gardens, R. 1993), Sdlg. 147-9-9. TB, 38" (97 cm), ML
"S. clear light pink; F. white with coral pink shoulders, and medium pink edge suffusing into petal; beards tangerine red; ruffled, laced. 262-8-7: (Blond Goddess x Chanteuse) X Highness. Roris 1993 HM 1995"