HYB:new seedling

  • Subject: HYB:new seedling
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 06:57:38 +0200

Here's the first seedling of a cross between a "Souvenir de Madame Gaudichet" like iris that is my strongest iris ever, (that can thrive it the shade of other plants in mixed borders, and increase fast and bloom early, and never rot!), with What Again as pod parent.
I wanted to use this TB to get that strengh into my crosses, even if it's not a REbloomer.
I'm happily surprised with the result, i was expecting very old looking things.
It even has a silver thread like rim that the camera didn't catch.
Hope it's siblings will have a better bud count though, 2 is NOT enough!!!
May be What Again is to blame there, it seems to often give a low bud count.
Will try again, now i know this TB is good enough!
who, like Betty, could die (or kill...)  for a repeat, cycle & everblooming / continuous / non-daylight dependant  rebloomer!
     zone 7 - Nederland
 Email : tasquierloic@cs.com

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group