Re: LA sdlg

  • Subject: Re: LA sdlg
  • From: Pearl Doyle <pdoyle@our-town.com>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 07:49:48 -0500

Hi Dave. At the time I did have a few Spuria. Your right, the Siberians don't like our climate, and so far the Japanese refuse to bloom here. But it was a pleasant surprise. I have one other seedling from the batch of seeds about to bloom. That will be interesting to see what happens there.

David Ferguson wrote:

Hi Pearl,
Not sure what you are growing down there, so can't guess at likely "other" parents.  However, it is possible that an LA could cross with any number of other beardless Iris.  I would guess that any other water Iris would do (virginica, versicolor, pseudacoris, Japanese, etc.).  It is also conceivable that Spurias, Siberians, or any number of other types could cross with a LA. I'm guessing you don't have Siberians, they don't tend to like our climate, but Spurias are all over the place, even if just the old yellow or white cultivars that are often hanging on in scattered yards.
Regardless, it's nice, and it's fun!

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Top Scientist