Re: copperhead

We do not have copperheads.  We get rattlesnakes instead.  Had a 2 foot one a couple of weeks ago that my son killed because it was by the dog pen.  The photo is of two small (18" or so) ones we relocated to the hills last spring.  Seems like we all need to take care no matter where we live.

Jan in Chatsworth

Donald Eaves <donald@eastland.net> wrote:
This is the 2nd one this weekend. I'm not pleased about it. Facing post
bloom cleanup is going to take some fortitude. Reaching down into a clump
to remove spent stalks, the debris from the wind and dead/dying leaves is
going to make me edgy - and that's certainly where he's been resting. This
little fellow is about the size of the one that caused me to spend the only
night in a hospital as a patient that I've ever spent. I was lucky - all my
fingers are still whole and attached. I'd rather not go through it again.
I'm a bit fond of my fingers and losing one might put a crimp in the
daubing. It's tedious enough as it is. So for all you gardeners that may
be subject to having them, be alert! Easier said than done, I know. They
are nearly impossible to see much of the time.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.