Re: Re: copperhead

  • Subject: Re: Re: copperhead
  • From: Jack Carter <jackcarter@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:53:37 -0700 (PDT)

I'd say a good remedy would be leather gloves and boots. Snakes on our continent
really don't want to fool with us. Lying on the ground with a long vulnerable backbone
with large animals (us) walking around can't be the most calming of lives.

I've lived in rattle snake country all my life and if given a chance they will avoid a fight
and slither away. The problem is when they are surprised and I believe that gloves and
boots will deal with that. Along with a long stick or rake to flip them away if they are
tool cold to move on their own.

We have a lot of gophers, rats, mice and rabbits in our part of the world. It is unusual for snakes
to hang around places where there is no prey. Get rid of the prey, the predators will go
somewhere else.

Loic, a summer in California with rattle snakes is a whole lot safer than a winter in Holland ;-)

Jack Carter