TB: SKATING PARTY X 'Lumiere D'Automne'

  • Subject: TB: SKATING PARTY X 'Lumiere D'Automne'
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 20:45:16 -0500

The second bloom has all the parts. The standards and rim are a bit more
taupe in color than in the photo, but the general effect is fairly accurate.
With all the standards, they seem to be okay in comparison to the falls.
This isn't at all what I would have expected from the cross, but the
influence of the bloom form from 'Lumiere D'Automne' is plainly apparent.
Not as extremely laced, but the lace is definitely there. Weird that I'd
get one the most modern blooms that I grow from the cross in terms of width,
lace and ruffles. As I said before, LDA might make an interesting parent
when paired with the right iris.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA