Re: TB: tallest iris

  • Subject: Re: TB: tallest iris
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 02:04:25 -0000

Maybe I should just move it to the field and see what happens? There
isn't anything wrong especially, it just doesn't interest me much. I
work with ABs. You're right, it will have 8 blooms. There are two
more buds that won't mature. That happens a lot here. I don't know if
other growing conditions would allow them to reach maturity or not.
The bloom is nice, but doesn't seem distinctive to me. Seems there are
already some on the market that look similar. The height and branching
are unusual in my growing conditions. I expect removal to the field
would shorten the stalks some, but I don't know what might happen with
the branching. Overall the spacing is between the branching is better
than the photo indicates, but there's still plenty of air space.
Mainly I need the space it takes for things I do work with.

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, tmilchh@... wrote:
> Dear Donald,
> Why will this lovely iris go into the compost heep? What is
missing? It
> has lovely color, is tall, has possibly 8 buds, maybe less if not
> socketed. The irises are nicely spaced, not crowded. Explain please.
> Annette from Kentucky

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Top Scientist