Re: Dashed dreams

  • Subject: Re: Dashed dreams
  • From: "Linda Hunt" <nakihee@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 15:06:18 -0500

Dearest Gary, from a fellow TN with dashed dreams also.  I have spent 4 day with at least that many left to go, cleaning flower beds.  Trying to get the rotting bloom stocks out.  They all made with a jump start this year because it was so warm so early and they were at their most tender when the freeze hit.
I've been trying to figure out what hobby I want to take up this summer since gardening is beginning to depress me.  LOL  I have never had depression in my love.....LOVE LIFE actually, but it is a sad state of affairs around here.  Please hang in there!  I have some of your earlier introductions and I love your iris, so I am sure we can survive this!

It seems like because of the freeze that the iris are showing some sensitivity that I haven't seen in earlier years also.  I am seeing soft rot in multiple places and have not had that problem in the past.  I am also seeing more aphids this year than I have ever battled.  Here's hoping that the clean up will assist with the critters also.  I don't like to use any sprays.  Typically have an abundance of ladybugs and praying Mantis.  This might be the year I have to go against my better wishes if the damage persists.

Hang ON Gary.............There on better days coming! :)
Linda in Lascassas