OT Cult: rattle snakes like irises too

  • Subject: OT Cult: rattle snakes like irises too
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:13:05 -0700

Speaking of Copperheads - - I haven't seen any here, but a few days ago I took a photo of this "aggressive" Rattle Snake. We see rattlesnakes on a regular basis.........but not all of them are aggressive.

 I'm declaring that this one is "aggressive" because it first "rattled" at me, and even though I proceeded to retreat - - it came chasing after me anyway.  (The rattle and chase incident happened about 5 minutes prior to taking this photo.)

The Arizona desert is home of many snakes.  The ones I've personally seen (and have had picked up and relocated by our fire department ) are Black Racers, Bull Snakes, King Snakes, and Rattler Snakes.

Note the black and white "bar rattle" on the back of this one - - attempting to get into one of my iris gardens.  Yes, rattle snakes likes irises too!  :-)

~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.

__._,_.___
Top Scientist